Thursday 4 February 2010

Train rides

Train rides are something I enjoy. Probably because I didn't do them much as a child. But watching scenery rush past is quite an unusual feeling while sitting still. I have spent alot of time in cars and on bicycles flying through areas, but the views from a train are something to behold. You see all sorts of things from cliffs to sea floors, from rooftops to garden flowers. Trains give you a brilliant insight into the hidden side of peoples lives as you blast over their back gardens, looking at a tiny snapshot of their lives for a few seconds.

What makes this special for me is that each of these is completely unique. I have made the train journey to Axminster to see my man Regan so many times, and each time I have seen different things at every turn. Each new scene marks a fresh part of my brain. I see things and know that no-one else will see that. It's quite a special thing. I find this in many places, but this is one place that it is easy for many other people to see it too. Like I see things like this every time I ride my bike, and everytime I go for a walk. But the fact that people can see these things each time they grab a train to work.. Or go to visit someone. It is an incredibly exciting thought.

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree with this, except for one small thing, most humans wear blinkers, they do not see the bigger picture. I see this when I am out walking, when I stop to look at a kingfisher, or anything, most people stumble blindly by, without realising that there is something fascinating, right at their feet. Glad that you see the bigger picture.

    ReplyDelete