Tuesday 21 September 2010

Time

Time. That's what it all comes down to. "I would do that, but I don't have the time.." well... Who does?

Time is out most valuable asset. The problem is you are always spending it. Constantly. It is a non-stop flow through the fingers like sand job. Not only does it constantly flow away from you without you really realizing, but alot of the time you waste it doing nothing. Or you inadvertently do something which will mean you spend more of it later doing something you dislike. It's funny how stuff often works out like that.

I often find myself thinking about the future and what I want to do. Sometimes I make plans. But mostly I dash those away, before they get dashed away by something else. The most full days I have had have been planned start to finish, but the best days I have had were accidental. The thing I think most about the future is that all I can do about it is let it happen. If I try to make the decision about whether to go around the world with my mates for 3 years living on £10 a day between the three of us or to stay at home and have a wife and kids I will of course make a decision but I will just as surely feel bad about it instantly. The problem is that both are great adventures. I would love to spend a year or three running around the world with not a penny to my name "winging it" with my mates jumping from border to border having the time of our lives. But I know that I would love spending time with a wife and kids, teaching the kids to cycle and taking trips to the zoo, just as much. Neither plan has come any where near fruition yet, and I don't see either on the horizon either. Unfortunately we will just have to waste some more time waiting to see what comes up.

Maybe I will get the best gift of all. Enough time to do both. And then live in the country aging slowly with my wife while the kids are grown up, and we grow our own fruit and veg...

I don't see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment