Saturday 11 December 2010

Ghosts

People often talk about seeing ghosts or as though they feel like they have. I am not always convinced. Don't get me wrong, I have had my share of odd things happen. But for the most part there was a very much more feasible explanation as to what happened. Sometimes there isn't. But mostly there is. For me. The one that I don't know about too much (mostly because I was very young at the time) is what I will share with you now.

I was very young. I think about 2 and 3/4s. My brother had been born just a couple of months before. We were over at my Nans (my Mums Mum) for Easter. Being a rather independent young person I was allowed into the garden to find my Easter eggs by myself. It was deemed to be safe as the whole garden was enclosed, with house on one side, garage on another, 10ft high wall on one more and a large hedge on the final side.

Dad hid the egg and came back into the house to set me off. About 5 minutes later I reappeared in the doorway to the house with the egg. Everyone was a bit confused by this as Dad knew I had a knack for finding things and had been a bit tricky with the egg. He thought he had put it somewhere out of my reach. So they asked if I used a stick to get it down. I said no and started to open the egg. They then asked how I managed it. I said a man had helped me.

Before I could move Dad was out of the door and into the garden looking for this person. Meanwhile Mum asked me what the man looked like. I am told that I could offer no explanation, I just pointed at the picture of Grandad on the mantelpiece and said it was him. Mum and Nan were shocked. Grandad had been dead since Mum was 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment