Wednesday 13 January 2010

Pain hurts, but sometimes it a good thing..?

“Are you afraid of a little pain..?” I was asked one day while pondering whether or not to do something stupid.
“Of course I’m afraid of pain. Pain hurts!”
This caused a slightly confused laugh at the time, but now I realise that is not technically true. Well, not to me at least...
You see, to me pain is sometimes a useful tool. I use it to remember, to draw away from the anger of the day, and to give me the energy to push forward. For instance, I have several piercings. I got each one to remind me of something different from parts of my life. If I have a bad day, I will jump on my bike, or go for a run, and push myself so hard it hurts. And after it feels better. And from that I get the energy to push forward.
What I am trying to say is that sometimes you need the pain there to remind you that you are real. Not all the time, I’m not some sort of sadist weirdy. Just enough to make the lack of pain seem nicer. Just enough to remind you that the normal “aches and pains” are in-fact not painful at all, just a sign you need to move more. After a bit of pain, everything seems nicer for a short while, doesn’t it? I’m sure it does. Next time you are out for a ride, just push that little bit harder and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment