Sunday 31 January 2010

Tired..?

Once again my arch nemesis Sleep has come knocking at the door.... "Who invited you?!" I scream from my place on the sofa, only to hear the haunting reply "Me?! Why, I'm your plus one...."


I seem to need sleep alot more than other people I know.. I always find myself asleep hours before they finish the party, or failing to get to their meeting they want because I have slept through my multitude of alarms.

Could it be because I work alot, or because I work weekends, so my body knows that it will be leaving for work in a couple of hours so it automatically shuts down when I am at parties? But then, I used to find this when I was younger too, before work. The other one I am famous for is falling asleep in the car on the way back from a ride. Luckily I never drive to a ride, so it is in the passenger seat this happens. Even if it is only 6pm, or if we have only done a short ride, I will inevitably fall asleep as soon as we hit the road.

The other part of this that I have only discovered upon moving out into a flat with a mate is that I sleep through things. Like everything. When he was having issues with his previous girlfreind, she would come and ring our doorbell incessantly until someone answered it, at anytime between 12 (midnight) and about 6 am. I never once heard her ring the bell, or the ensuing arguments that followed. Why..? Who knows! I go to bed early and could happily get up late almost every day. I move around a fair amount, cycling to work, and going for runs in the evening, but they don't leave me feeling particularly drained.

Anybody know whats going on?!

No comments:

Post a Comment