Thursday 17 February 2011

Memories in photos

So I was talking to my friend Regan while writing my last blog post. I was asking him if he had any pictures that would go with what I was talking about, and he ended up just sending me around 30 random pictures from adventures we have had. Mostly they made me laugh while I remembered the times we have had. I find it very interesting to think about the memories that can be conjured up just by looking at a few random pictures. I will share some of them now.



This is me driving Regans old Fiat Punto across Europe. I am quite tired at this point.



This one is a gnome that we found stood on top of a chair and a piece of wood that we also found inside a telephone box. We thought it was hilarious at the time...




This one is us weighing our bags before we set of hiking last summer. It was a good trip. Short but packed with memories.



This one is me surrounded by the stuff we were about to make a raft out of. On the island next to Regans place. There have been many good times there.



This one is Regan after coming out of the shower while getting ready for a night out.



In this one I am crouched in a hole we dug on the beach at midnight. I don't remember why we decided at 10pm to go and dig a big hole on the beach but it was certainly fun!


This one shows the Belgian Trumpeters that came out for the coronation (is that the right word here..?) of the new town Mayor of Brussels. We just happened to walk right by them and get freaked out. This was shortly before being put on Belgian TV for being the only British people at the event!



This is one that Nathaniel took of Regan and I. I am on the left. We are on our Europe trip again. This time we are at a farm and the sunset was magnificent.



Here you see Aaron, Jules and myself preparing the bath tub for its most recent test before the race we had in August. It was a rainy day, and we got quite cold. And quite alot of the paint came off the boats in the canal. I told Jules it was a stupid idea to use emulsion!

These are just some memories that have re-surfaced thanks to some pictures Regan sent me, there are plenty more where this kind of thing came from! And I certainly hope there will be plenty more in the future too!

2 comments:

  1. cracking pictures, & clearly some very fond memories. you are all very fortunate to have such a good close friendship. it is sad to think that many people live their whole lives having never known such friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember nearly all of these. Thanks for the giggles lads. X

    ReplyDelete